Our bread & butter
WHYPAY? is a completely free telephone conferencing service. The key differences between WHYPAY? and many other conference call providers are:
- There are no charges for setting up an account or organising conference calls;
- There are no call charges from WHYPAY? (unlike other services) when you or your conference participants dial-in from a landline or mobile phone.
- Under Ofcom regulations, calls to our dial-in number must be included in any bundled minutes/free calls offered by all UK landline or mobile networks;
- Whenever inclusive minutes/calls don't apply, the only charge you can ever receive for using the WHYPAY? service is your standard call cost (your normal cost for dialling a UK 01/02/03 number).
This leaves many people sceptical, thinking our service is too good to be true. We assure you it is not. The WHYPAY? service is supported by the out-payments it receives for supporting thousands of calls every day. These out-payments are very small (a fraction of a penny per minute), but with thousands of calls being supported practically every hour, this means we don’t need to charge you or your participants at all.
If you are still sceptical (we don’t blame you) please take a look at our reviews on Trustpilot, or give us a call to speak to a real person for reassurance.
How it works
To get started, all you need to do is visit whypay.net and click on the big red ‘Create a FREE Conference’ button.
After entering a few details you’ll be logged into your account, and you’ll be given a free, permanent conference room. You'll see the conference details displayed clearly.
- Every conference room is identified by an 03 dial-in number, a Room number and a PIN;
- Each conference room you create in your online account it permanent and can be re-used as many times as you like;
- Whenever you want to hold a conference call, you can simply dial-in with your participants from any phone. All participants (including the organiser) enter the same details on their telephone keypad when prompted by the automated voice.
- The WHYPAY? website includes additional features such as scheduling and call recording. All additional features are optional and free of charge;
- When you ‘Edit’ a conference room via your online account you’ll be able to change the settings and schedule a call for a particular time/date. If you schedule a call WHYPAY? will send out the conference invitation for you. This includes a calendar attachment and lots of other useful information.
Again, scheduling and other features are optional. If you wish, you can simply send your invitations manually. You can paste your conference details into a simple email or into your existing calendar software.
If you have any other questions about the service, please do get in touch. Our team will be happy to help.